In Aleppo, Syrian government forces resumed shelling

В Алеппо сирийские правительственные войска возобновили обстрелы

Destroyed house in the district of Hanano, Aleppo. 27.11.2015

In Aleppo in Syria, the shelling resumed and explosions could be heard after the announcement of the armistice and the agreement to evacuate the city’s civilians. Syrian government troops for half an hour shelled the districts of Eastern Aleppo, AFP reports, citing Syrian monitoring centre for human rights.

“This morning, regime forces fired at least 14 rounds of the area held by the rebels,” said Rami Abdel Rahman, Director of the monitoring center.

He added that mortar fire was heard along the front lines between Syrian government troops and militants. Reuters reports on the use of artillery, tanks and mortars.

“Go hard bombing by regime forces imposed Aleppo, used artillery, tanks and mortars,” – said the representative of the opposition Jabha Shamiya.

Another representative of the opposition told Reuters that the attacks on Aleppo are a violation of the agreement on the ceasefire and said the rebels shoot back.

Fire was restored after having been disrupted, the evacuation of civilians from Aleppo, which was scheduled for this morning. The opposition forces now control only a tiny part of Eastern Aleppo.

In turn, Moscow stated that the cease-fire broke the rebels, not Syrian troops. This is reported by “RIA Novosti” with reference to the Russian Centre of reconciliation of the warring parties.

“Upon arrival of the transport with the previously agreed place of departure, the extremists started shooting at the column. Taking advantage of the truce, at dawn, the militants regrouped and resumed fighting, trying to break through the positions of Syrian troops in North-Western direction”, – stated in the message.

The Russians say they repulsed the attack of militants and the Syrian army continues to liberate the Eastern part of Aleppo.

On the eve of the Syrian rebels have announced the signing of an agreement with the Assad regime for the evacuation of the civilian population of Eastern Aleppo.

Earlier it was reported that on December 13 the Syrian government army and allies of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad gained control over all the areas in Aleppo that left the Syrian military opposition as a result of active attacks, and are close to complete control of the city.

The battle for the Eastern part of Aleppo accompanied by large casualties among the civilian population. The UN has said that Syrian government forces and Iraqi militias fighting on their side, killed 82 civilians in Aleppo. Soldiers broke into houses and killed people.

Source