Soon all this advertising and signage will be obliged to translate into Ukrainian, and Bessarabian market of grandmothers forced to abandon surzhik
Text with Facebook Yuri Sirotyuk
According to article 10 of the Constitution of Ukraine, item 50 of part one of article 26 of the Law of Ukraine “On local self-government”, articles 11, 18, 24, 26 of the law of Ukraine “On principles of state language policy”, the decision of the constitutional court of Ukraine of 14 December 1999 № 10-RP/99, decision of the Kiev city Council № 571/1435 of may 28, 2015 “On approval of the concept of development of the Ukrainian language, culture and education of the historical memory of the inhabitants of the city of Kiev for 2015-2020”, the Kyiv city Council
1. To establish that in the city of Kiev as the language of work, record keeping and documentation of local self-government bodies, enterprises, institutions and organizations of communal ownership is the state language – Ukrainian.
2. To establish that on the territory of Kyiv ads, signs, posters, billboards, messages, and other forms of audio and visual advertising products, the price tags should be performed in the Ukrainian language. If the sign of an economic entity is a mapping of the registered mark in a foreign language, the installation of such signs is possible only with the obligatory indication of its translation or transliteration of the Ukrainian language equal to print.
3. To establish that in the city of Kiev in all spheres of service of citizens used the state language – Ukrainian. The service provider is obliged to contact and communicate with the recipient of services (client) in the state language. The transition to foreign languages is possible upon client’s request in case the service provider owns them. In all institutions of public catering, trade, obligatory menu, made in the state language. While visitor services staff is committed to offering the menu in the Ukrainian language only at the request of the visitor to provide a menu in any other language, if any.
4. To draw attention of economic entities providing services in the field of customer service in the city of Kiev, on the need for strict observance of the requirements of article 10 of the Constitution of Ukraine and noted that the service in any other language of the visitors accessing the personnel of the business entity in the state language, is disrespectful to them and contains signs of violation of consumer rights.
News on topic: Nationalism Soviet methods: How does the total Ukrainization
5. To instruct the Executive body of the Kyiv city Council (Kyiv city state administration), its business units, enterprises, institutions and organizations of communal ownership in the city of Kiev at the conclusion of the model civil law, commercial contracts with subjects of economic activities in the areas of land relations, advertising, transport, investment activities, management of municipal property and others to include the requirement that contractors adhere to the provisions of this decision and to refuse to renew such agreements if the subjects of economic activities in violation of certain paragraphs of the resolution.
6. To send an appeal to the Kyiv city Council for Inspection on protection of the rights of consumers in city of Kiev according to Annex 1 to the decision.
7. To instruct the Executive body of the Kyiv city Council (Kyiv city state administration) to carry out explanatory work with subjects of economic activities operating on the territory of the city of Kiev, on the need to bring its activities into compliance with the provisions defined by the specified decision.
8. Publish the present decision in the newspaper of the Kyiv city Council “Khreschatyk”.
9. Control over the implementation of this decision to entrust the permanent Commission of the Kyiv city Council on culture, tourism and information policy, permanent Commission of the Kyiv city Council on issues of local self-government, regional and international relations, permanent Commission of the Kyiv city Council on transport, communications and advertising, the permanent Commission of the Kyiv city Council on issues of trade, business and regulatory policy.
Related news: Ukrainization teleyaschika. What will change in TV when the deputies approve language quotas
I 112.ua in your Telegram
Quickly and succinctly about the most important.