The evacuation of residents of Aleppo disrupted, resumed fighting with heavy weapons

Эвакуация жителей Алеппо сорвана, возобновились бои с применением тяжелого вооружения

A man walks past damaged buildings in the besieged area of Aleppo, Syria on 19 October 2016.

In the Syrian city of Aleppo, where previously there was a truce between government forces and armed opposition groups have resumed fierce battles with the use of heavy equipment, reports the BBC Russian service.

According to the correspondent of AFP, among the civilian population there are several victims.

The evacuation of residents of Aleppo disrupted by gunmen who opened fire on positions of government troops, reports “TASS” with reference to the channel “al-Mayadin”. According to him, the Syrian army and militias have resumed the operation to liberate the city.

At the same time, the official comments of the government of Syria about the reasons for the termination of the armistice and the failure of the evacuation was not.

On the eve of the Syrian rebels have announced the signing of an agreement with the Assad regime for the evacuation of the civilian population of Eastern Aleppo.

Related news: Russia announced the transition of Aleppo under the control of the Syrian government

Earlier it was reported that on December 13 the Syrian government army and allies of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad gained control over all the areas in Aleppo that left the Syrian military opposition as a result of active attacks.

The battle for the Eastern part of Aleppo accompanied by large casualties among the civilian population. The UN has said that Syrian government forces and Iraqi militias fighting on their side, killed 82 civilians in Aleppo. Soldiers broke into houses and killed people.

Related news: Russia says that the presence of insurgents in Aleppo will be over within two or three days

Source