Official site of the ATP has provided an interesting set of statistical data that relate to dozens of the best players for the year.
1. Andy Murray (Great Britain). The first Briton on the top of the rankings and 17 of the first racket in the history of tennis. Andy continued thirteen-year hegemony at the head of the list of “Big four”, which in addition to Andy included Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal.
2. Novak Djokovic (Serbia). Finishing the year at least second for the sixth consecutive year and at least the third the tenth year in a row.
3. Milos Raonic (Canada). Made a major breakthrough in comparison with last year, which 25-year-old canadian finished in 14-th line. Previously, such progress could boast Novak Djokovic, who in 2007 for a year “off” from 16-th to 3-th position in the ranking.
4. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland). Finishing the year in fourth place for the third year in a row.
5. Kei Nishikori (Japan). For the second year in a row the Samurai is in the TOP 5 for the year.
6. Marin Cilic (Croatia). Set your personal record and managed to hold it until the end of the year. The best Croat in the ranking since Ivan ljubičić (5-I a racket of the world in 2006).
7. Gael Monfis (France). For the first time in his career he finished the year in the top ten and became the ninth Frenchman, who was subjected to such achievement.
8. Dominique Tim (Austria). 23-year-old Chelsea fan became the youngest tennis player to have completed year ten and became the first Austrian since Thomas Muster (1997), which is so high in the ranking.
9. Rafael Nadal (Spain). For the twelfth year in a row Rafa finishing the year in the top ten and became one of six players in tennis history with 12+ finish (not in a row).
10. Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic). For the seventh consecutive year finishing the year in the TOP 10.
Other interesting facts:
– Largest representation in the TOP 100 has France – 12 players. In second place is Spanish with 10 such athletes, nine of which are in the TOP 50. In France, those seven.
– Novak Djokovic joined the honourable company of Jimmy Connors, Ivan Lendl and Roger Federer, who managed to stay in the top three ten years in a row.
– Six players from the TOP 15 finished the season with the best performance for himself in his career: Andy Murray (1), Milos Raonic (3), Marin Cilic (6), David Goffin (11), Nick Kirios (13), Luke ISPs (15).
– Juan Martin del Potro, was given the award for “Comeback of the year,” the Argentinian made an impressive jump in the rankings over the last 12 months – 581 lines on the 38th.
– German Alexander Zverev (24) – the first teenager in the last 10 years, completing the season in the TOP 25. In 2006, Andy Murray ended the year on 17-th row, Djokovic is on the 16th.
– 37-year-old Ivo Karlovic for the first time in his career he finished the year 20-th row and became the oldest player in the TOP 20 after Ken Rosewall in 1977. Then 43-year-old Australian finished on 12-th row.
– Andy and Jamie Marrey became the first brothers who were on the first place ranking in singles and doubles respectively.
The same news on iSport.ua Statistical results of the season from the ATP
According to the materials: