About 70% of Ukrainians donate to charity

Около 70% украинцев жертвуют деньги на благотворительность

Every fourth Ukrainian is throwing money in a charity box

Only 30% of the population of Ukraine was not involved in philanthropy at all. The remaining 70% did so anyway, 23% threw the money in the drawer.

About 70% of Ukrainians at least once during the year, donating money to charity, of which every fourth threw money in charity boxes. This is with reference to the results of the survey, said the Director of the Ukrainian philanthropists ‘ forum, Polina Muhina, reports on Tuesday, October 9, UKRINFORM.

“According to sociological research conducted in the end of 2017, among thousands of Ukrainians, only 30% of the population of Ukraine was not involved in philanthropy at all. The remaining 70% did so anyway, 23% threw the money in the drawer. The average amount of donations was 50 hryvnia,” – said Nuhin.

According to her, 23% of respondents said that they do not trust the fundraisers and charities. According to Muhinoy, one reason for this mistrust of society is the lack of transparency of funds and lack of accountability about the used vehicles.

“Funds, unfortunately, do not always understand that reporting is obligatory, however, our law is not written, what form it should be. Unfortunately, many people understand that accountability as a photo checks,” she said.

The second reason, in her opinion, is the lack of cooperation of state bodies and philanthropists.

Earlier in the river have created a robot that collects donations.

It was also reported that the cyber-police in Poltava region stopped activity of criminal group, whose members under the pretext of collecting charitable contributions to ATO participants, the treatment of children and assistance to socially unprotected layers of the population, has appropriated over UAH 7 mln.

News from the Reporter.net Telegram. Subscribe to our channel https://t.me/korrespondentnet

Source