The head of Naftogaz: the Cabinet Decision was illegal

Глава Нафтогаза: Решение Кабмина - незаконно

KOBOLEV considers illegal competition for the head of Naftogaz

The announcement by Cabinet of the contest for the post of Chairman of the Board of Naftogaz of Ukraine contrary to the law, said Andrei KOBOLEV.

The Chairman of the Board of Naftogaz of Ukraine Andriy Kobolyev commented on the announcement by the Cabinet of Ministers of the competition as the new Chairman of the company. He said this at a briefing on Wednesday, March 6, reports RBC-Ukraine.

In particular, KOBOLEV said that the government’s decision contradicts ideology of reforming of the company, when the Supervisory Board of Naftogaz, which is responsible for the contracts of the management Board of the company.

“The previous decision by the end of my contract and the tendering contrary to the Ukrainian legislation”, – he said.

According to KOBOLEV, the right to declare the competition is only at the Supervisory Board of Naftogaz.

Also, answering the question whether he will participate in the competition for the head of the Board, KOBOLEV said that now awaits the position of the lawyers.

“I like this position need to fulfill the purpose, which I said today,” – said the head of the NAC.

During the briefing, he outlined a list of plans and tasks which are put before itself in the near future. In particular, talked about the termination of the contract with Gazprom, hover transparency on the gas market, in particular, about eliminating the “middlemen” in this market, how to ensure natural gas transit after 2019 on the territory of Ukraine and so on.

In addition, KOBOLEV has expressed hope that “the rule of law and civilized approach and principles of operational management, which were laid last five years, in this situation you will win”.

Earlier, the Cabinet decided to hold an open competition for the position of Chairman of the Board of Naftogaz of Ukraine. Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman noted that the March 22 contract of the current head of the NJSC Andriy KOBOLEV and the entire Board.

Last week the Supervisory Board of Naftogaz has offered to extend the contract with KOBOLEV at present, but the head of government noted that no decisions on this issue were not accepted.

In turn KOBOLEV after the statement the Prime Minister noted that the government effectively terminated a contract with him.

News from the Reporter.net Telegram. Subscribe to our channel https://t.me/korrespondentnet

Source