Theft in the defense Ministry: SAP lost another court

Хищения в Минобороны: САП проиграла очередной суд

The decision was made by the Kyiv court of Appeals

The case is to be closed for lack of evidence or the resolution of the acquittal.

Specialized anti-corruption Prosecutor’s office (SAP) lost another military court on charges of embezzlement of fuel for the army of 150 million. On this edition of Resonance said the lawyer Oleg Babich, which protects the suspected Director of procurement Department of the Ministry of defense Vladimir Gulevich.

According to him, on may 8 the court of Appeal of Kiev confirmed legality of the decision of the investigative judge of the solomiansky district court’s refusal to dismiss the Colonel.

“In fact, the court found that the pretrial investigation was completed, but neither detectives nor prosecutors no evidence of bad faith conduct of the defendant,” said the defender.

At the meeting Gulevich said that still would have signed the agreement on the purchase of fuel, even knowing that he was removed from office, arrest all of the family property and will be put under hour arrest.

Babich believes that the results of the investigation show only one – the current legislation on public procurement requires making radical changes, in order to avoid in future, similar senseless attacks.

“The case has to be closed for lack of evidence or the resolution of the acquittal”, he said.

As previously reported in the media, the excitement to NAB the criminal case against the Director of the procurement Department of the Ministry led to the fact that in 2017, the Armed forces have not received fuel for 676 million, and contracts with suppliers were terminated.

We will remind, in October 2017, the head of the National anti-corruption Bureau Artem Sytnik said that the Agency creates a special unit that will investigate corruption in the defense Ministry.

 

News from the Reporter.net Telegram. Subscribe to our channel https://t.me/korrespondentnet

Source