Pilots Ferrari was faster than Mercedes in qualifying for the Bahrain Grand Prix.
The pilot Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel won the qualification race Grand Prix of Bahrain
The first attempt in the decisive part of the best of all passed Raikkonen, who took advantage of a mistake Vettel. Sebastian was the second, and the top 4 were separated by just 0.2 seconds.
In the end, on the last lap of qualifying, Vettel was ahead of his partner and took pole. Raikkonen remained second, and the top 3 was closed by Valtteri Bottas.
Reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton was fourth but will start from ninth place in connection with the penalty due to gearbox replacement.
Also noteworthy is the departure of max Verstappen who crashed the car in the first qualifying segment and caused red flags. Although earlier shows allowed the pilot of Red bull to get to the second part of qualifying.
Formula 1. Grand Prix of Bahrain. Qualification
1. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) — 1.27,958
2. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) +0,143
3. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) +0,166
4. Lewis Hamilton(Mercedes) +0,262
5. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull) +0,440
6. Pierre Went Out (Toro Rosso) +1,371
7. Kevin Magnussen (Haas) +1,400
8. Nico Hulkenberg (Renault) +1,612
9. Esteban Windows (Force India) +1,916
10. Carlos Sainz (Renault) +2,028
Not passed in the third segment:
11. Brendon Hartley (Toro Rosso) — 1.30,105
12. Sergio Perez (Force India) — 1.30,156
13. Fernando Alonso (McLaren) — 1.30,212
14. Stoffel Vandorn (McLaren) — 1.30,525
15. Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
Not passed to the second segment:
16. Romain Grosjean (Haas) — 1.30,530
17. Marcus Ericsson (Zauber) Is 1.31,063
18. Sergey Sirotkin (Williams) — 1.31,414
19. Charles LeClair (Zauber) Is 1.31,420
20. Lance Stroll (Williams) — 1.31,503.
Read on our website the announcement of the Grand Prix of Bahrain.
We will add that our site will lead the online broadcast of the race Grand Prix of Bahrain on Sunday, April 8. The broadcast begins at 18:00 Kyiv time.
Want to know the main sports news first? Subscribe to our channel in the Telegram!
According to the materials: